Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ariel and the Bee

Recently Ariel was in a spelling bee.  She is a bit of a smarty pants and adores words.  We practiced lots and she practiced on her own.  In fact, an often heard phrase became "Mommy, ask me to spell something!"

Many of the practices were canceled due to snow days and school delays due to snow and cold. Undaunted, Ariel pressed on, improving her spelling and determined to do well!

Here is the Teeny, all numbered up and ready to spell!  

Ariel is spelling "barge".  I had an appointment to go to so I missed the end of the spelling bee but she outlasted many kids, including some of the 5th graders!

And here's the proud Teeny Tiny with her certificate and her dog! She finished in the top half of the kids and I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how exciting for Ariel! I wish I could see the whole bee. lol How excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She was excited to BEE there! lol. I wish I had gotten all her words. She finally messed up on "wren". She told me later she knew there was a silent letter but couldn't remember which one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of our littlest one...(not so little anymore!) Would have also loved to have been there for it...she is the cutest!!!! Hugs and kisses to our little Ariel!!

    ReplyDelete