Friday, March 7, 2014

Oh, hello there

This is a blog.

That's all there is to see here.

You probably won't be interested in this space unless you know me.  Or are interested in homeschooling.  Or like animals (because we have a few and I like to talk about them).

Here's the run down: My name is Devon and I am married to Ray.  We have three kids: Trevor, Rachael and Ariel.  We just pulled Trevor from middle school in order to continue his education at home.  Rachael and Ariel are still in school.  They have the choice to come home next year.  I think Ariel wants to.  Rachael is on the fence.  We share our house with three cats- Chaos, Shadow and Meteor, two dogs- Reznor and Cleo, and two rats- Candy and Corn (can you tell the girls named them?).

I have homeschooled for a year when Trevor was in first grade.  It was a great experience.  I don't know why I didn't stick with it.  I am about to complete my degree in Psychology.  I planned on completing it by the end of August, but I recently dropped a class due to busy-ness and so I won't be complete until the end of November.  No worries, I will finish.  I still hope to get my Master's in Social Work when I get into the homeschooling swing of things.  :)

I will probably only post once a week.  Maybe less depending on if I have anything to talk about and what we do.  I used to blog a lot, carrying a plush bacon around and taking him on adventures.  I'd like to think that blog shared some popularity.   I have also blogged homeschooling adventures here but, like a lame-o, I can't figure out how to access that blog anymore!  Oh well.  Anyway... that's it for a first post!

I'll figure out how to add pictures later!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!

    I didn't realize you are so close to graduating.

    Do the dogs or cats bother the rats at all? Flora would love a small pet like rats but we also have 3 cats and I am afraid of the horror to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was supposed to have my degree at the end of August. But I dropped a class to have more time for Trevor. I should graduate at the end of November now. Yay! I need a break!
      Cleo would like to eat the rats. The cats don't really care that much and Rez is only curious. But Cleo tries to eat birds and squirrels on our walks and the rats aren't any different. Here's the catch, though, unlike other rodenty pets, rats can be predators and are highly intelligent. They are also completely aggressive to the animals. If Cleo sniffs at their cage, they WILL charge it and bite her nose. omg. I would not mess with a rat! The rattie cage stays in the closed office where the animals can't get in. We let them out everyday to run around. When they are out with us, they are safe from animals. The nice thing is is that they'll also come back to us so they can run freely around the room and we just scoop them up when it's time to go back to their cage.
      FWIW- I've had mice and gerbils. My cats have ALWAYS gotten into them. The rats are so big they don't really touch them. heh

      Delete