Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bear's Den

Pretty much once or twice a year we trek out to Bear's Den to go hiking.  It's a hike uphill to this beautiful overlook.  We've been doing it since the kids were tiny but now the hike that used to take hours takes maybe 15 minutes.  It's nice having older kids!
The overlook is beautiful.  I won't walk on these rocks and I can't actually watch the kids on these rocks.  It's too high and scary for me and I get anxious.  So I walk away.  Ray took these pictures.

We hiked further than Bear's then, this time.  We were so fast getting to the top of the overlook that we hiked further down the trail. 

Standing with my nonobaddogs.

Ray and I!

The girls and their badbordercolliemix

Trevor trekking around on the rocks.

Posing with a tree!  It was a glorious day for a hike.  

Afterwards we dropped Trevor off at a friend's for a sleepover.  They invited us to dinner and the dogs played in the backyard with their dog for HOURS.  Cleo ran so much she could barely walk the next day.  Seriously.  Ending the day with dinner at a friend's house was wonderful, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment