Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter Sunday

Easter was an exhausting holiday this year.  We celebrate a very secular Easter and I had not had time to shop for basket stuff before vacation.  So on the way home the kids rode in the camper with Juan and Zen.  Maureen and I rode with Ray in the car.  We stopped in secret at Target on the way home on Saturday night to get Easter stuff.  Alas... there was NOTHING.  Like everything was so picked over.  No baskets, even! Maureen suggested Easter "hats" instead.  What a great idea!  And they had them in the dollar section so they were inexpensive hats at that (since my children don't wear them anyway).  I had already snagged a few things in secret at Pirates and Pixies, a cool toy store in OBX (thanks to the wonderful owner of the store.  She was happy to hide things behind the counter for me that I slipped her and ring them up for my on the sly, then package them in a different bag than my other stuff.  Very cool!).  So I did get the kids pens, yoyos, little notebooks and candy from Target.  Then I got Trevor a little catapult and the girls these Calico Corners animals they coveted.
Waiting at the top of the stairs to come down.  Trevor did NOT want to get up.  He's kind of over Easter.

The girls were excited, though!


Easter HATS!

Trevor does not really like posing for pictures or being featured in this blog.  He's so preteen.

Ariel is fine being caught in her jams at o-dark-thirty and having her picture taken.


You will notice the eggs are not colored.  My wonderful friend, Tracy, hardboiled eggs for me while we were gone.  But we didn't get home until 10:30pm Saturday night.  SO... no time to dye eggs.  lol.


Tuesday we got a special surprise in the mail from Grandma.. cupcakes!  They were sooo yummy!

Thanks, Grandma!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment